With highly trained physician specialists and excellent nurses, the Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital (HCMH) emergency department offers 24 hour-a-day, year-round emergency care. For patient convenience, a Quick ER service helps with life's little emergencies, such as flu or simple fractures.
The emergency department has the following features and services:
- 24 spacious rooms
- Four trauma bays with state-of-the-art equipment
- Cardiac monitors in all patient rooms
- Spacious ambulance bay for three vehicles to simultaneously deliver patients
- Convenient and private passageway to the HCMH radiology department
- Comfortable and efficient walk-in entrance
- Enlarged waiting area with children's nook
- Private triage area for assessing patient conditions
- Continuation or initiation of advance life support measures
- Assessment and treatment of minor illnesses and injuries
- Treatment of acute exacerbations of chronic medical conditions
With our hospital's Quick ER service, we reduce the amount of time people spend waiting in the emergency department for minor emergencies. Like flu, a simple laceration, an ear ache, or simple fractures. People even drive from Virginia because of the quality of care and speed of service.
Quick ER is open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. every day.
For more information, call 336-527-7217 for the Emergency Department, or 336-527-1002 for the waiting area.