The BirthPlace at Hugh Chatham
The Yadkin Valley's premiere maternity destination.
Welcome to The BirthPlace at Hugh Chatham. It is our goal to provide parents-to-be with a comfortable and safe environment that honors your needs and preferences. We encourage you to contact us for a tour at 336-527-7374.
The BirthPlace has spacious, private rooms where you can labor, deliver and recover, with all the comforts of home, as well as the latest technology. The nursing station is located close to the patient rooms, which means that staff can answer phone calls quickly and respond to call bells sooner. It also creates a family like atmosphere among the nurses, new parents, and new babies.
We are excited about helping you to have the experience that you want during this special time.
Services and Features
- Family-centered maternity care
- Free car seat safety inspection
- Free celebration dinner for moms and dads
- Hearing screening on all babies
- Babies may remain in mom's room
- Free lactation consultation
- Free telephone consultations 24 hours a day
- Single-occupancy rooms with TV
- Continuous mother-baby care
- The latest fetal monitoring equipment
- Free well-baby follow-up within 72 hours of discharge
- Breastfeeding encouragement
- Nursery available for babies needing special care
- Secured unit
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I Get to Stay in the Same Room the Entire Time I am Admitted?
Almost everyone gets to stay in the birthing rooms for at least 24 hours after birth.
Will My Baby Get to Stay with Me the Entire Time?
As long as your baby does not need special care, he or she can stay in your room the entire time.
Can My Family Visit Me?
We have an open visiting policy. You can have whoever you want visit as long as they are not sick.
Can I Breastfeed My Baby Exclusively?
You can breastfeed without any formula or pacifiers if that is your choice. Our nurses encourage breastfeeding.
Can I be Out of Bed and Walking During Labor?
As long as you and the baby are tolerating labor, we encourage you to be up walking or in the rocking chair. We also encourage you to get in the bathtub to ease the discomforts of labor.
For more information, please call 336-527-7374.