Hugh Chatham Health – Neurology offers comprehensive neurological services.
We are proud to be Joint Commission Stroke Certified!
Your brain and nervous system control everything you do. So if you have a stroke, live with a chronic condition neurological disease like MS, or are recovering from a traumatic brain injury, it is critical you get the right care at the right time. That’s why we have worked hard to expand access to care with video visits for patients in remote communities.
- Computerized tomography (CT) scanning, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and angiography (an x-ray that shows blood vessels) to help diagnose illness and injury impact.
- Common neurological testing, like electroencephalograms, which measure electric activity in the brain, blood tests, and tests of cerebrospinal fluid.
- You may be prescribed drug therapies, and we work closely with your primary care physician to ensure you are getting the right treatment for your needs. If necessary, you may be referred to other medical specialists in the Hugh Chatham Health network.
- The Hugh Chatham Health Primary Stroke Center is continually recognized for its care of stroke victims and their positive outcomes.
- ImPACT® Concussion Management: Hugh Chatham Health is pleased to offer free baseline testing to aid in the management and diagnosis of concussions to all student/athletes at your son/daughter’s school. Baseline testing is a neuropsychological test designed to assist in determining whether an athlete has obtained a concussion or has sufficiently recovered from a concussion and can safely return to active participation.
Diseases Commonly Treated:
- Stroke and TIA
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Seizures and Epilepsy
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Migraines and Headaches
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Weakness and Numbness
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS – Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
101-B Eldon Parks Drive, Elkin, NC
Hugh Chatham News
Hugh Chatham Health Recognized as Cleanest Hospital in North Carolina
Elkin, NC, November 2023 Hugh Chatham Health has been recognized as the cleanest hospital in North Carolina five times in the last year by Press Ganey. The monthly …Read More
Becker’s Recognizes 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Orthopedic Programs
Elkin, NC, October 2023 Becker’s Hospital Review is pleased to honor 100 hospitals and health systems with high-achieving orthopedic programs. The hospitals and health systems featured on this …Read More
Hugh Chatham Health Welcomes OB/GYN Physician
Elkin, NC, October 17, 2023 On Aug. 21, Hugh Chatham officially welcomed OB/GYN physician, Kristen Stille, MD, to Hugh Chatham Health Medical Group. Dr. Stille brings a wealth …Read More
Hugh Chatham Health Welcomes Endocrinologist
Elkin, NC, September 4, 2023 On Aug. 14, Hugh Chatham officially welcomed endocrinologist James O’Hare, MD, to Hugh Chatham Health Medical Group. Dr. O’Hare brings a wealth of …Read More
Hugh Chatham Health Recognized for High-Quality Stroke Care
Elkin, NC, August 8, 2023 Hugh Chatham Health has received the American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines – Stroke Gold Plus quality achievement award for its commitment …Read More
Hugh Chatham Recognized by Becker’s Hospital Review
Elkin, NC, August 2, 2023 Hugh Chatham Health has been recognized as one of 153 “Great Community Hospitals” by Becker’s Hospital Review, a trade magazine and website for …Read More
Hugh Chatham Health Welcomes Internal Medicine Physician
Elkin, NC, July 13, 2023 On July 24, 2023, Hugh Chatham will officially welcome internal medicine physician, Alan Casciola, DO, to Hugh Chatham Health Medical Group. Dr. Casciola …Read More
Advances in Healthcare Recognized at Local Hospital
Kasey Martin, Surry-Yadkin EMC, Dobson, NC, 2023, “Advances in Healthcare Recognized at Local Hospital; Member Moment: Hugh Chatham Health It is no secret that Hugh Chatham Health is …Read More
Fourteen Surry-Yadkin Works Students Sign with Hugh Chatham Health as Apprentices and PRNs
Surry Community College, Dobson, NC, June 20, 2023, “Fourteen Surry-Yadkin Works Students Sign with Hugh Chatham Health as Apprentices and PRNs [https://surry.edu/news/fourteen-surry-yadkin-works-interns-sign-with-hugh-chatham-health-as-apprentices-and-prns] Fourteen area students have completed pre-apprenticeships …Read More
Addressing Aches and Pains as You Age
Musculoskeletal disorders are comprised of diverse conditions affecting bones, joints, muscles, and connective tissues including osteoarthritis, gout, spondyloarthritis, traumatic fractures and muscle strains. These disorders may result in pain …Read More
Hugh Chatham Health Hosts Open House and Ribbon Cutting
On March 21, Hugh Chatham Health hosted an open house and ribbon cutting at its newest physician practice, Hugh Chatham Health – Family Medicine & Obstetrics. The project …Read More
Hugh Chatham Receives Women’s Choice Award for Stroke Care
Elkin, NC – January 12, 2023 – Hugh Chatham Health Medical Center has been named one of America’s Best Hospitals for Stroke Care by the Women’s Choice Award®, …Read More